[gdal-dev] Loading a scaled rawfile via VRT

Solomon Gibbs solomon.gibbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:13:49 EST 2012

Sure. Here is what I am trying to do.

The raw data has some junk on the front end of the file that needs to
be skipped:
<VRTDataset rasterXSize="1476" rasterYSize="1784">
 <VRTRasterBand band="1" dataType="UInt16" subClass="VRTRawRasterBand">
   <SourceFilename relativetoVRT="1">xxxxxxx</SourceFilename>
   <ImageOffset>9587</ImageOffset>
   <PixelOffset>2</PixelOffset>
   <LineOffset>2952</LineOffset>
   <ByteOrder>MSB</ByteOrder>
 </VRTRasterBand>
</VRTDataset>

Then, apply the scaling factor:
<VRTDataset rasterXSize="1476" rasterYSize="1784">
<VRTRasterBand dataType="Float32">
 <ComplexSource>
   <SourceFilename relativeToVRT="1">xxxxxxx.vrt</SourceFilename>
   <SourceBand>1</SourceBand>
   <ScaleOffset>0</ScaleOffset>
   <ScaleRatio>0.707</ScaleRatio>
 </ComplexSource>
</VRTRasterBand>
</VRTDataset>

So, I'm not clear if the SourceProperties tag can be used to define
the offset as well as the raster definition as you suggest. I was
hoping to maybe be able to nest the RawRasterBand under the
ComplexSource in place of the SourceFilename, but that hasn't worked
for me so far.