[gdal-dev] Re: GDAL Java Binding meomory problem under intensive method calls

easyl thlin.box at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 08:18:12 EST 2012

Ja, I am re-writing now the ogrtindex.cpp from
http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/apps/ogrtindex.cpp in Java.

It seems be rather easier than ogr2ogr or ogrinfo.

I found a Clone call in cpp code

   poFeatureDefn = poLayer->GetLayerDefn()->Clone();

But in Java binding (1.8.1) there is no Clone() for LayerDefn!
I don't think that would be a good idea that I in java code just ignore
Clone() call.
Maybe I need to keep the 'poLayer' not deleted? so that 'poFeatureDefn' can
still have reference on the LayerDefn.

Another question is, where can I check in my Java code for ogrtindex to
share with everyone.