[gdal-dev] End User Questions :( KML Raster to Shapefile

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at usace.army.mil
Mon Jan 16 20:00:17 EST 2012

Dennis,

ogr2ogr can convert a kml file to a shapefile if built with the kml or libkml drivers (I recommend the libkml driver, it offers many more features).

Mike

From: Dennis Burgess <dmburgess at linktechs.net<mailto:dmburgess at linktechs.net>>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:11:09 -0600
To: <gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org>>
Subject: [gdal-dev] End User Questions :( KML Raster to Shapefile

I have a .KML File and .PNG file or a .TIF along with a .GEO file that my application exports.

Once there, I need to convert these to a shape file for mailing lists, but so far I have only found several application extensions that do this, but nothing command line.  I believe that the gdaltindex could work, but it shoots me back a no georeferencing is avail for the getotif.tif files ..

Any suggestions would be great.

Dennis
_______________________________________________gdal-dev mailing list gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev