[gdal-dev] Support for VPF (vector product format) files with OGDI

Billy Newman newmanw10 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 11:16:28 EST 2012

I am trying to read VPF files like VMAP0 and having some problems.  Far as
I can tell the only way to read VPF using gdal is to compile OGDI.

I compiled on Redhat EL version 5.6 64 bit, gcc 4.2.x

When trying to run ogrinfo (pulled directly from examples). VMAP files are
on
my local box.

ogrinfo gltp:/vrf/imagery/v0eur/vmaplv0/eurnasia 'watrcrsl at hydro(*)_line'

I get the following error Parse_data_definition: malloc
failed.Parse_data_definition: malloc failed.FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource 'gltp:/vrf/imagery/v0eur/vmaplv0/eurnasia' with
the
following drivers:

<list of drivers>

I followed the build instructions here:
http://ogdi.sourceforge.net/build.html.

Has anyone else had success reading VPF files?

Thanks.