[gdal-dev] gdal_merge.py on large Tiff's. gdalwarp not working properly.

aphunter a1hunter at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 7 17:14:09 PDT 2012

Hi community!

Here's my issue. I currently have two halves of California, one in
EPSG:26910, and one in EPSG:26911. I successfully reprojected the 26910
segment into zone 26911, and if I make the images small, to test,
gdal_merge.py works properly. See below:

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4986729/screenshot.92.png

Unfortunately, the original images are too large to use gdal_merge.py,
because I don't have enough memory on my system. They are each about 1.5T in
size.

When I use gdalwarp to combine the images, I get a horrible space in the
middle. See below.

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4986729/screenshot.93.png

Can anybody help me either use gdalwarp properly to combine the two Tiff's,
or get gdal_merge.py to work with Tiff's larger than the amount of memory I
have on my system?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Aaron