[gdal-dev] New OGR driver to read OpenStreetMap .osm / .pbf files

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Jul 22 15:09:05 PDT 2012

Even Rouault <even.rouault <at> mines-paris.org> writes:

> > > However, select with SQL feels sub-optimal.
> >
> > Yes, when you use ogr2ogr with explicit layer names, there are
> > optimizations. For example, when you only specify the layer 'points', the
> > OSM driver will not even try to index the nodes into the temporary
> > database because it is not needed. However, as you noticed, there is not
> > yet any optimization when a SQL request is specified.
> >

> Optimization for SQL request added in r24690

I had a try with r24696 today, downloaded from
http://gisinternals.com/sdk/Download.aspx?file=release-1500-gdal-mapserver.zip

Filtered commands give me errors. An example:
ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" test germany.osm.pbf multipolygons -gt 20000
-progress --config OGR_SQLITE_SYNCHRONOUS OFF -where "natural='forest'"

ERROR 1: Failed inserting node 420797898: database schema has changed

Same error with Spatialite output.

-Jukka Rahkonen-