[gdal-dev] [NEW] Multi-threaded warping

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 15:22:36 PDT 2012

Even - good stuff!

Can you comment on the usage of openmp for multi-threading?  Is the
multi-threading in gdal entirely based on pthreads (in linux)?

It's my understanding that openmp is much easier to manage but offers
less fine-grained control - is that required for multi-thread warping?
Of course what works best is what is already working!

Sorry for such a generic question, I did not really look into the
specifics (other than a quick look at mutext handling).

Regards,
Etienne