[gdal-dev] zonal statistics with gdal

anssi anssisamuli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 02:26:33 PDT 2012

If you first rasterize your shapefile to the extent of your raster,
you can compute some basic stats and/or full histogram for your
polygons using Open Foris Geospatial Toolkit :

http://km.fao.org/OFwiki/index.php/Open_Foris_Toolkit

Installation instructions are under the "How to get it?" link.

Hope you're a Linux user :)

Best,

Anssi