[gdal-dev] [gdal_translate] Spatial subset HDF4Image with multiple subdatasets?

dcd dennis.duro at glel.carleton.ca
Wed Jun 20 06:16:25 PDT 2012

You could combine them as a multi-band gtiff file for example

Yes, but I could just as easily combine the individual subdatasets after
using "-sds" switch or Even's method into a single HDF4Image as well. I'd
rather just be able to do that all in one line using the "-b" switch in
gdal_translate without having to change formats (unless I need/want to).

Perhaps the MRT is actually doing all that work behind the scenes and I just
don't know it: 1) extracting all or specific subdatasets, 2) spatially
subsetting, and 3) merging results back into a HDF, GTiff, or whatever. In
any case, it would be nice if gdal_translate would be a bit more seamless
with handling multiple subdatasets in HDF files. Again, perhaps it is
possible, but perhaps not.