[gdal-dev] GDAL1.8.1 PCIDSK linked files ticket 21513

Shawn Gong SGONG at mdacorporation.com
Thu Mar 1 17:31:04 EST 2012

Thank you, Frank.
I'll go with GDAL 1.9.0

Shawn
From: fwarmerdam at gmail.com [fwarmerdam at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Frank Warmerdam [warmerdam at pobox.com]
Sent: March 1, 2012 5:26 PM
To: Shawn Gong
Cc: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] GDAL1.8.1 PCIDSK linked files ticket 21513

Shawn,

I believe 1.8 does not contain lots of improvements including some
kinds of linked files - for instance as represented by:

  http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/21920
  http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/21921

I would suggest you try with GDAL 1.9.0.  Back porting bits of the
pcidsk sdk into 1.8 is likely to be problematic.

Best regards,
Frank