[gdal-dev] gdal_translate: invalid tile byte error

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 19:54:52 EDT 2012

>Andrea,
>
>Sometimes the libtiff, the TIFF library used by GDAL does not work properly
>when creating files with compressed overview tiles if you are not using a
>very recent version of libtiff.  Is it possible you are using a GDAL built
>with libtiff 3.9.x instead of the internal libtiff or libtiff 4.0.x?
>
>Would it meet your needs to copy the base image (without the -co
>COPY_SRC_OVERVIEWS flag) and then regenerate the overviews with gdaladdo?

Hi, Frank,
thx for response.

Effectively I use the libtiff 3.9.
Now I update to libtiff 4.0.1.
Recompile gdal and retry.
Update also the call following your suggestions.

and using the gdaladdo to produce the overviews.

My new batch is a set of calls like this two:

gdal_translate -ot Byte -of GTiff -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -a_nodata none -stats -co
INTERLEAVE=BAND -co PROFILE=GDALGeoTIFF -co TILED=YES -co TFW=NO input.tif
output.tif
gdaladdo -r nearest output.tif 2 4 8 16 32 64 128

But again I'm having the same error in tiles creations.

--
Andrea Peri