[gdal-dev] gdal_translate: invalid tile byte error

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 09:29:50 EDT 2012

>Effectively I use the libtiff 3.9.
>Now I update to libtiff 4.0.1.
>Recompile gdal and retry.
>Update also the call following your suggestions.
>
>and using the gdaladdo to produce the overviews.
>
>My new batch is a set of calls like this two:
>
>gdal_translate -ot Byte -of GTiff -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -a_nodata none -stats -co
>INTERLEAVE=BAND -co PROFILE=GDALGeoTIFF -co TILED=YES -co TFW=NO input.tif
>output.tif
>gdaladdo -r nearest output.tif 2 4 8 16 32 64 128
>
>But again I'm having the same error in tiles creations.

Hi Frank,

I resolved it, using, in the gdal configuration, the Internal LibTiff ,

Infact, using the internal libtiff available in the gdal source the error I
reported was disappeared.

I'm surprise that using the external LibTiff 4.0.1 in gdal compile there
was this error.
However the good news is that with the internal version of libtiff all work
really well.

Thx again,

Andrea .

--