[gdal-dev] Re: gdal_translate waits at the end of operation

kaarigar kaarigar at gmail.com
Thu May 10 02:16:15 EDT 2012

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to convert GeoTIFF to jpg - and there
wasn't the problem. Then I tried to convert a small GeoTIFF (20 mb) to XYZ -
it still waited for some time (~10 secs) after displaying the "Done."
message. I think what is happening is that I was converting a set of very
large files (each ~300 mb) - and that makes gdal_translate wait for quite
some time after the "Done." message. This time I waited long enough and the
gdal_translate process was able to continue to the next file in the batch
file. Still I am not sure why gdal_translate has to wait at the end of the
conversion.

Thanks to everyone for help!

Etienne Tourigny-3 wrote