[gdal-dev] Re: gdal with CMake?

NDavid ericnico.david at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:49:05 EDT 2012

Hi all

I've just read the cmake/gdal wiki, the new documentation of the cmake
object library and the last "cmake for gdal" discussion from october 2011
and I'm not sure to fully understood why the cmake object library is needed
for gdal cmake build.
So, I'm wondering  if there is some technical discussion which could explain
this point more deeply ? And is it related to the "cmake superbuild"
mentionned on the "cmake for gdal" discussion ?

Nicolas

PS :
This is just some curiosity from a cmake user trying to gather some extra
informations