[gdal-dev] multiple bands in gdal2xyz.py should be comma separated

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Thu May 31 03:55:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

It seems that gdal2xyz.py currently supports the output of multiple
raster bands using:
     gdal2xyz.py -band 1 -band 2 etc....

However, when I use this in combination with the parameter -csv I do not
get the extected comma in between the values of my bands.
Extected:   5.604, 50.765, 3, 2

I briefly checked the python code and it seems to be an addition to
'band_format' is needed.

band_format = ("%g " * len(bands)).rstrip() + '\n'

should become something like

band_format = (("%g " + delim) * len(bands)).rstrip(",") + '\n'

Cheers,
     Tom