[gdal-dev] OGR-VFK in 1.9

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Nov 5 01:49:59 PST 2012

Selon Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> 2012/10/26 Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:
> >> However, as your changes only affect your driver, I think it would be
> >> easier to commit them to 1.9.0 without an RFC.  It would be easier if
> >> you prepare a small wiki page (similar to RFCs) describing the
> >> changes, and create at least one bug entry.
> >
> > I have filled the ticket for this issue [1]. If a wiki page is also
> > required I will prepare it too.
> >
> > Thanks for info in advance. Best regards, Martin
> >
> > [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4872
>
> important from my POV is to include the updated VFK driver in 1.9.3.
> Suggested changes affects only VFK driver. Are there any objections
> for backporting VFK driver to 1.9 branch?

Martin,

I don't have objections. My only fear is that the addition of the SQLite
dependency in the VFK driver would cause compilation problems in some
setups/platforms that would have an ancient SQLite version for example. But as
we have already the SQLite dependency in the GML driver, provided you don't use
too recent sqlite3_XXX functions (and a quick grep does not show anything exotic
indeed), this should be OK. Did you also test that the compilation is OK for
people who configure GDAL without the sqlite dependency ?

Even