[gdal-dev] [Osgeo4w-trac] random crashes upon using ogrinfo or ogr2ogr with FileGDB

Martin Feuchtwanger feumar at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 7 17:13:36 PST 2012

Jeff McKenna suggested (privately) that i try MS4W. He didn't really say why, and i suspected it wouldn't work because both OSGeo4W and MS4W seem to use the same version of the FileGDB driver (at least, both FileGDBAPI.dll files are identical).

However, MS4W is still using GDAL 1.9.1 (2012/05/15) while OSGeo4W is now using GDAL 1.9.2 (2012-10-08), and, running the same ogrinfo and ogr2ogr tests (via OSGeo4W) on GDB files, there are no more crash problems!

Thus, there seems to be a problem with GDAL in the change from 1.9.1 (2012/05/15) to 1.9.2 (2012-10-08), when using FileGDB.

I'm very new here -- should i be reporting this elsewhere?

Martin Feuchtwanger  feumar at shaw.ca  604-254-0361