[gdal-dev] Set no-data in AutoCreateWarpedVRT

Jaak Laineste jaak at nutiteq.com
Fri Nov 9 00:30:49 PST 2012

 I use AutoCreateWarpedVRT API to open datasource programmatically (Java) in another projection, to use dynamic reprojection. The data (NOAA KAP) is indexed color and has colortable. As you can see in http://d.pr/i/GQKc No-data (if this is the right term) is colored as black, but I would need it to be with my own defined color (fully transparent). It seems it uses just the first color (index:0) from the colortable, so even if I modify color table before warping, the filled area will be same color as 0 (http://d.pr/i/o6Oo).

With following I get desired result:
gdalwarp -t_srs "EPSG:900913" -of VRT -dstnodata 0 BSB_ROOT/11315/11315_1.KAP 11315b.vrt

So my question in short: how to add "-dstnodata 0" to AutoCreateWarpedVRT()?

--
Jaak