[gdal-dev] Cannot get spatial reference system from ozi file

Nik Sands nixanz at nixanz.com
Sun Nov 11 17:45:56 PST 2012

I still don't have any resolution to this issue, but thanks to feedback from one list reader, I've been prompted to find out some more information...

gdalinfo produces the following output, which is contrary to what my application produces:

	Coordinate System is `LOCAL_CS[""Ozi" projection "(UTM) Universal Transverse Mercator"",UNIT["Meter",1]]'

So I need to figure out why my application is not getting this from the same file.

Note that my build of GDAL is from a recent version of the trunk (September, 2012):

	$ gdalinfo --version
	GDAL 2.0dev, released 2011/12/29

And was built for Mac OS X using the following configure (which I noted at the time for future reference as it took me ages to get this to work  :-):

./configure \
--with-macosx-framework \
--with-threads \
--disable-static \
--without-pg \
--without-grass \
--without-libgrass \
--without-cfitsio \
--without-pcraster \
--without-netcdf \
--without-ogdi \
--without-fme \
--without-hdf4 \
--without-hdf5 \
--without-jasper \
--without-kakadu \
--without-bsb \
--without-grib \
--without-mysql \
--without-ingres \
--without-xerces \
--without-odbc \
--without-curl \
--without-sqlite3 \
--without-idb \
--without-sde \
CFLAGS="-Os -arch i386 -arch x86_64" \
CXXFLAGS="-Os -arch i386 -arch x86_64" \
LDFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch x86_64"