[gdal-dev] No Spatial Reference System from UTM Ozi .map file

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Nov 12 23:55:30 PST 2012

Nik Sands <nixanz <at> nixanz.com> writes:

> Thanks for the replies so far.  Unfortunately, adding a 3rd calibration point
to the .map file has not
> helped.  Of course I'm assuming that the added calibration point is valid (eg,
I tried the one suggested
> below, which looks like it should be OK).
>
> Does anybody have any other suggestions as to why this .map file cannot be
interpreted correctly by GDAL?

> Is it a bug, or an incomplete .map parsing implementation, or am I doing
something wrong?

There must be something wrong with the Ozi mapfile is not correct. Does it work
with Ozi?

Point01,xy,    0,    0,in, deg,    ,        ,,    ,        ,, grid,
55,219999.09067205,5570000.7412442,S
Point02,xy, 1000, 1000,in, deg,    ,        ,,    ,        ,, grid,
55,223259.16350298,5566740.6684133,S

Control points are clearly in degrees but in that place or the Ozi mapfile there
should be projected grid coordinates.

This page describes the Ozi mapfile structure
http://code.google.com/p/androzic/wiki/MapFile. You can also install OziExplorer
Trial version, rename the .map file and re-calibrate the jpeg image with Ozi and
see how it writes the map file.

-Jukka Rahkonen-