[gdal-dev] gdalwarp produces all black output

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 06:15:27 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM, mortac8 <ashley_c_mort at raytheon.com> wrote:
> Newbie question here.  I am trying to convert a DTED1 image to GeoTiff.  The
> below command gives me a mosaic.tif image that is totally black.
>
> gdalwarp -ot Int16 n29.dt1 mosaic.tif
>
> Here is a link to my source image:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjnbshnwmu67o3o/n29.dt1
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated!  I am on Windows using FWTools 2.4.7.

BTW,

the gdal binaries that ships with fwtools is quite old - you should
consider installing a more recent version of gdal (either Tomas'
builds[2] or from osgeo4w[3])

from the gdal download page [1] you can read:

Important note: the FWTools binaries are not currently updated with
the latest GDAL versions. In order to benefit from the latest and
greatest, you can refer to the other binary builds mentionned above.

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadingGdalBinaries#Windows
[2] http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/
[3] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w