[gdal-dev] Open Source GIS Raster Viewer

Tyler Mitchell tyler.mitchell at actian.com
Fri Oct 12 09:37:51 PDT 2012

I'd recommend the OSSIM platform which as various additional image processing utilities that you will find useful.  If you just need desktop GIS viewing functionality, I suggest QGIS which will read all GDAL image formats fine and provide all of what you talk about.

Tyler

http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/
http://qgis.org

On 2012-10-12, at 5:52 AM, kishore Borra wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> we are implementing support of elevation processing of various raster images in a standalone desktop Viewer using opensource.
>
> we are using GDAL library to support performing various operations like hillshade, slope, aspect map & color coded relief.
>
> I would like to know your suggestions on what opensource control can be used as a map control so that I can load various type of processed raster images into it. I need to provide the user with the coordinates readout information and standard zoom In, zoom out & zoom By area operations.
>
> I should also be able to read the elevation info from the displayed raster and display the same in the status bar.
>

> Please suggest.
>
> Regards,
> Kishore.

Tyler Mitchell