[gdal-dev] Unable to create OGRSpatialReference

jcurru jcurru at yahoo.es
Fri Oct 19 12:09:03 PDT 2012

Thank you again, Even.

Well, I've taken a look at the documentation you mention, but no answers
there, just an explanation about wgsto84 parameters and a proposal for
extending the geotiff standard in order to embed the famous parameter. I
guess that if you don't say "oh man, didn' you know this famous trick...?"
is because the trick does not exist. So, before I continue wasting your
time, would you be so kind to answer this two questions? (yes/no will be
enough)

1) Do I need the towgs84 parameters to properly do transformations between
coordinate systems using proj4?
2) The only way to obtain that parameter is by using the "epsg" file, and
therefore I MUST know the EPSG?

Thak you!