[gdal-dev] gdal + C#

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:56:02 PDT 2012

Neelima,

GDAL's C# interface binaries are not maintained well. So it is better to
compile to get the latest version.

If you are going to use the dlls available elsewhere, make sure you have
them all.
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GdalOgrCsharpCompile#Compilingthecode shows
a list of those files.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Neelima Emmani <
neelima.emmani at iictechnologies.com> wrote:

>  Hi Chaitanya,
> Yeah, i went through the document and tried to compile gdal . And  gives
> me a nmake fatal error:1077 that it is not able to find swig.exe.Yes, in my
> folder of swig which is under gdal  doesnot consist of swig.exe, so, do i
> need to download it from external source. If so, even tried the same. But
> no result.
>
> My questions -
>
>    - Do i need to really compile the gdal-1.9.1
>    - Can i use few dll's that are available on net like gdal_csharp,
>    ogr_csharp, osr_csharp. But unfortunately, this option also did not work
>    for me. Here, the C# accepted dlls. But popping up an error, when i ask it
>    to ogr.registerall() or when i use any other gdal inbuilt functionalities.
>
> awaiting reply.
>  With Regards,
> Neelima Emmani
> GIS Developer