[gdal-dev] gdal_wrap dll

Neelima Emmani neelima.emmani at iictechnologies.com
Mon Sep 10 02:13:49 PDT 2012

Hi Tamas,
Agreeing with you . I just gave a test with a small piece of code.Code goes as below -

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using OSGeo.GDAL;
using OSGeo.OGR;
using OSGeo.OSR;

namespace test_10_09_2012
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal.AllRegister();
            String filename = @"xxxxxx.000";
            OSGeo.GDAL.Dataset ds = OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal.Open(filename, OSGeo.GDAL.Access.GA_ReadOnly);
            if (ds == null)
           {
            Console.WriteLine("Can't open " + filename);
                    System.Environment.Exit(-1);
                }
            Console.WriteLine("S57 dataset parameters:");
            Console.WriteLine("  Projection: " + ds.GetProjectionRef());

            OSGeo.GDAL.Driver drv = ds.GetDriver();

            if (drv == null)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("Can't get driver.");
                    System.Environment.Exit(-1);
                }

                Console.WriteLine("Using driver " + drv.LongName);
        }
    }
}
 This throws me an exception in reading the file format. It says that it is not a recognized as a supported  file format .
Do you have any idea.

With Regards,
Neelima Emmani