[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.10.0 Release Candidate 3 available

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Apr 19 02:20:22 PDT 2013

maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Even,
>
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Even Rouault
> <even.rouault <at> mines-paris.org> wrote:
> > #5056: OSM waterway
> One issue with adding waterway as lines is that the tag
> waterway=riverbank is usually for polygon and multi-polygons
> (relations).
> Is there a way within the osmconf.ini for instance to limit to a
> specific key:value pair like waterway=riverbank as multipolygon?

Tags are set for each OSM layer (points, lines, multipolygons,
multilinestrings and other_relations) individually in osmconf.ini. Including
waterway in the tags for the lines layer does not change waterway=riverbank
into lines if they are modeled as polygons in OSM data. They won't appear in
the multipolygons layer either without adding the waterway tag also into the
multipolygons section in the osmconf.ini.

I guess it would be hard to handle special rules for individual tag=value
combinations in the osmconf.ini file without making it as messy as the
OpenStreetMap map features wiki. Fortunately they can be handled nicely by
utilizing OGR SQL support but that may not be ideal for some automated
processes.

-Jukka Rahkonen-