[gdal-dev] problem with importing gml file to PostGIS with ogr2ogr

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Aug 5 13:19:26 PDT 2013

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B54CPoAEcivYOTZhNDlpU3hkTlk&usp=sharing

> So I have the following questions:
> 1. In file OT_ADJA_A.xml  Why aplication not recognize <ot:geometria>
> element which is "gml:PolygonType" type ? (there is definition in
> OT_BDOT10k_BDOO.xsd file)

Because the OGR GML driver has limited support to parse .xsd files. The .xsd
should be just near the .xml file, and with the same basename. But even if it
was the case, it is just not smart enough to realize that <ot:geometria> must be
a "gml:PolygonType"

> 2. In file OT_ADJA_A_changed.xml I replace <ot:geometria> with
> <gml:Polygon>. Why in that case some of records are imported with
> geometry and the other not ?

I don't see that problem. In the sample you've provided, there are 6 features
with geometries and the 6 are imported into PostGIS with their geometries

> 3. Is there any constraints of Postgis or ogr2ogr in quantity of
> vertices which can have a Polygon ?

No, you're only limited by the size of virtual memory (and possibly a PostgreSQL
limit on the size of records or fields)