[gdal-dev] importing attributes in ogr2ogr

Piotr Pachół piotrpachol at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 15:42:01 PDT 2013

Hello,
I have made different test in importing gml files to PostGIS by ogr2ogr
and for me it would be necessary to have possibility to import some
attributes (not only values) of elements.

1.  I can't import using existing options the reason for NULL values for
instance:

<ot:code xsi:nil="true" nilReason="inapplicable"/>
<ot:number xsi:nil="true" nilReason="template"/>

These types are defined here:
http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.2.1/basicTypes.xsd
I would like to have in database column where enumeration values for
nilReason is kept.

2. There are some options for xlink resolving but I can't import to
database only the value which is in xlink for instance:
<ot:river xlink:href="water.xml#10197"/>
I would like to save value "10197" in a database column. Then in
database I could do some joins between columns using this value.

May be you can help with above mentioned problems or it would be
possible to implement it ?
Regards,
Piotr