[gdal-dev] QGIS hanging when opening a FileGDB on 64 bit Linux

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Aug 12 16:29:21 PDT 2013

Le lundi 12 août 2013 22:12:11, Jeremy Palmer a écrit :
> Further to this I see that when you open a FIleGDB in QGIS 3 OGROpen calls
> made to the same database before any OGR_DS_Destroy calls are made. These
> open calls occur during the layer selection dialog, the OGR provider
> construction, and the initialisation of the QgsOgrFeatureIterator.
>
> I'm guessing the fix for this should really be done at the Esri library
> level, but because we have no control over this maybe something can be
> done in the OGR library to reuse FileGDBAPI Geodatabase handles?

Jeremy,

I do think this is exactly the issue of
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/76527-CloseDatabase-hanging-on-64-bit-Lin ux-
when-same-File-Geodatabase-opened-twice

At least I reproduced it on my own PC. I've implemented a workaround in GDAL
trunk for that issue that implements ref-counting of the FileGDBAPI Geodabase
handle at OGR side : http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/26307.

Even

> Cheers,
> Jeremy