[gdal-dev] Motion: Approve GDAL/OGR 1.10.1RC1 for release

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 17:34:21 PDT 2013

Since I haven't check on any prior update, I consider this just a baseline and don't see this as a reason to hold up the update.

Notes inline.  backing off on png gave a passing test.  backing off on jpeg... no change.
Other issues, I'll see if I can look into later.

-kurt

On Aug 24, 2013, at 11:26 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:

> Le samedi 24 août 2013 19:57:47, Kurt Schwehr a écrit :
>> LGTM with respect to fink package on mac osx 10.8
>>
>> - Looks like I have a todo on jasper.
>> - not sure on http_4
>> - png.py and test_gdalwarp below.
>> - rest are flagged as know issues or pre-release things
>
> Hi Kurt,
>
> Thanks for your testing. Comments below
>

>> -kurt

I think you called it with just being a network issue

./gdalhttp.py
  TEST: http_1 ... success
  TEST: http_2 ... success
  TEST: http_3 ... success
  TEST: http_4 ... success
  TEST: http_cleanup ... success

Test Script: http
Succeeded: 5
Failed:    0 (0 blew exceptions)
Skipped:   0
Expected fail:0
Duration:  11.35s

>> Script: gdrivers/jpeg2000.py
>>  TEST: jpeg2000_8 ... fail
>>    line 189: Jasper library would need patches
>
> Yes, this is a defect in upstream jasper that most linux distro have patched.
> Applying Debian patches might help you fix that
>
>> Script: gdrivers/png.py
>>  TEST: png_1 ... fail
>>    line 429: Checksum for band 1 in "test.png" is 6846, but expected
>> 57921. TEST: png_2 ... fail
>>    line 484: Failed to create test file using CreateCopy method.
>> libpng: No IDATs written into file
>
> Hum, this is new to me. Which libpng version do you use ?

otool -L /sw/bin/gdalinfo  | grep png
	/sw/lib/libpng16.16.dylib (compatibility version 20.0.0, current version 20.0.0)

libpng16                     1.6.3-1

backing off to libpng15                     1.5.17-1  gives success:

otool -L /sw/bin/gdalinfo  | grep png
	/sw/lib/libpng15.15.dylib (compatibility version 33.0.0, current version 33.0.0)

./png.py
  TEST: png_1 ... success
  TEST: png_2 ... success
  TEST: png_3 ... success
  TEST: png_4 ... success
  TEST: png_5 ... success
  TEST: png_6 ... success
  TEST: png_7 ... success
  TEST: png_8 ... success
  TEST: png_9 ... success
  TEST: png_10 ... success
  TEST: png_11 ... success

Test Script: png
Succeeded: 11
Failed:    0 (0 blew exceptions)
Skipped:   0
Expected fail:0
Duration:  0.05s

>> Script: utilities/test_gdalwarp.py
>>  TEST: test_gdalwarp_33 ... fail
>
> The test might be a bit fragile indeed. It might depend on the libjpeg version
> you are using. There's a tolerance at 37, and you have reached 40. Could
> likely be changed to 40.

otool -L /sw/bin/gdalinfo  | grep jp
	/sw/lib/libjpeg.9.dylib (compatibility version 10.0.0, current version 10.0.0)

 i   libjpeg9-shlibs              9-3                   Shared libraries for libjpeg package

Backing off still has a test that fails

otool -L /sw/bin/gdalinfo  | grep jp
	/sw/lib/libjpeg.8.dylib (compatibility version 13.0.0, current version 13.0.0)

 i   libjpeg8-shlibs              8d-3

  TEST: test_gdalwarp_33 ... Diff at pixel (160, 0) : 7.000000
Diff at pixel (161, 0) : 1.000000
Diff at pixel (162, 0) : 6.000000
Diff at pixel (165, 0) : 2.000000
Diff at pixel (167, 0) : 8.000000