[gdal-dev] gdalwarp -tps

laura0 lauramail at iol.it
Thu Aug 29 02:27:24 PDT 2013

Hi all,
I would like to know how to use thin plate spline interpolation with gdal.
I have found the gdalwarp -tps option but I do not understand how to use it,
I have a UTM 32 reprojected geotiff and I find here
http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html

-tps:
Force use of thin plate spline transformer based on available GCPs.
I guess I have to add GCPs after -tps option, but if try (with UTM
coordinates points) I get the error message:

ERROR 4: `265331.439' does not exist in the file system,
and is not recognised as a supported dataset name

Otherwise, without GCP indication, I get:
ERROR 1: Unable to compute a GCP_TPS based transformation between pixel/line
and georeferenced coordinates for gwarp.tif.

Can someone explain me how this option works?
Regards,
Laura