[gdal-dev] MrSID JP2 support in Mac DSDK 9

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Sun Dec 22 19:17:02 PST 2013

All,

This is more a question for the LizardTech folks, but I was attempting to configure GDAL trunk to provide JP2 support via the MrSID --with-jp2mrsid configure switch, and it complained about not finding libltkdu.a to enable it. That archive file is not in the DSDK at all, and as far as I can tell, this must mean there's either no JP2 support in the MrSID DSDK or our configure logic needs to change for DSDKs > 8.0 that have moved their JP2 symbols into the main library or something.

Does anyone know the story with MrSID JP2 is on OSX?

Secondly, does OpenJPEG perform well enough to not bother with MrSID's JP2 implementation?

Thanks,

Howard