[gdal-dev] ERROR 6: No translation for an empty SRS

Tommaso tmassimi at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 25 11:50:38 PST 2013

> Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 19:14:22 +0100
> From: even.rouault at mines-paris.org
> To: tmassimi at hotmail.com
> CC: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] ERROR 6: No translation for an empty SRS
>
> Selon Tommaso <tmassimi at hotmail.com>:
>
> > doing some test I see the error is coming from this line
> >
> > IGNF.ImportFromProj4("+init=IGNF:LAMB2 +wktext")
> >
> > so it seems that the string is valid for Linux and not
> > for windows.
> >
> > I can't found a list of possible arguments for ImportFromProj4,
> > can somebody give me some good link?
>
> The issue must be with proj.4 that does not find the 'IGNF' file that is
> normally installed with PROJ.4. Try to find it and set the PROJ_LIB
> environmenent variable to point to the directory where IGNF is located.
> You can also define the PROJ_DEBUG environmenet variable to ON to see debug
> messages of proj.

Man, you are my hero!!
your mail is the best Xmas present I had today :)

In my opinion in case of configuration file not found
the library should print the error on console
also if the env var PROJ_DEBUG is not setted,
better if it could also declare the name of the used env var

pj_open_lib(IGNF): call fopen(C:\Program\GDAL\projlib1\IGNF) - failed (hint: check your env var PROJ_LIB)

Thanks again
Tom