[gdal-dev] ESRI binary grid (.hdr)

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Feb 27 04:03:03 PST 2013

Hi,

I have numerous ESRI binary grids in hdr labled format (one .hdr and one
.bil file for each dataset) which I would like to load into GRASS using
r.in.gdal.
There i get the following error-messages:

"ERROR 3: Failed to read scanline 775."
and
"ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 775"

I get the same error-messages when using gdal_translate or (for example)
gdalinfo -stats on the datasets.

In ArcGIS I can convert the data to a different format, so I suspect there
must be something with GDAL. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Stefan