[gdal-dev] Looking for equivalent gdal/ogr methods

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Jan 7 01:49:42 PST 2013

Paul Meems <bontepaarden <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> As some of you already know we are changing MapWindow GIS to let it use more
OGR/GDAL methods instead of our own/other libraries.
> Until now we have 'migrated' a lot of functionality and we are very pleased
with it.
> We still have a few methods left we have not yet migrated, because I'm having
trouble finding the equivalent gdal/ogr methods.
> So my question is: How can I do the following tasks using GDAL/OGR.
>
> * Convert 3D shapefile to 2D shapefile

Ogr2ogr in GDAL version 1.10 has a general switch -dim 2|3 that works with all
formats http://www.gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html. Perhaps is helps in finding how to do
the same with MapWindow GIS.

-Jukka Rahkonen-