[gdal-dev] New OGR driver to read OpenStreetMap .osm / .pbf files

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jan 11 06:48:48 PST 2013

Selon Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>:

> On 13-01-08 9:26 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
> > Ah ok, so I must mention that the online documentation is always up-to-date
> > with the latest trunk version (it is refreshed each night). So the fact
> that
> > something is documented is not a sign of stability by itself. It can be a
> new
> > development committed just a few hours ago.
>
> Hello Even, Stefan,
>
> I wonder if that ogr_formats.html table needs a new column for "GDAL
> Version", that could let users know what GDAL version works with each
> driver.

There are different schools on the topic. I know Frank is not too keen on
mentionning versionning, although personnaly, I try to mention version
differences in the format page itself (http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_osm.html
mentions GDAL/OGR >= 1.10.0). But at the end, in drivers with a lot of activity,
it becomes cluttered with mentions like "in version X, in version Y". Having
different version of the documentation, for each version, on the server could
solve that, although it is sometimes usefull to identify quickly that a
particular feature has been introduced in a version.