[gdal-dev] New OGR driver to read OpenStreetMap .osm / .pbf files

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jan 11 08:02:27 PST 2013

> There are different schools on the topic. I know Frank is not too keen on
> mentionning versionning, although personnaly, I try to mention version
> differences in the format page itself (http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_osm.html
> mentions GDAL/OGR >= 1.10.0). But at the end, in drivers with a lot of activity,
> it becomes cluttered with mentions like "in version X, in version Y". Having
> different version of the documentation, for each version, on the server could
> solve that, although it is sometimes usefull to identify quickly that a
> particular feature has been introduced in a version.

Yes, I know that situation all too well (same issues with
mapserver.org).  I agree, mentioning GDAL/OGR version in the format page
itself is very good (I push for this in mapserver.org as well, as it is
very helpful for users to know what version a feature was added).

K thanks for chatting.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna