[gdal-dev] dxf linewidth

Marco Hugentobler marco at sourcepole.ch
Tue Jan 29 01:48:11 PST 2013

Hi

I have a question regarding writing the linewith from ogr feature style
in the dxf driver.
In ogrdxfwriterlayer.cpp, linewith is written using code 370. This seems
to work if I open the dxf file with inkscape. However, if I open it with
TrueView (AutoCAD engine), code 370 has no effect on line width.
Furthermore, the application refuses to open a file if the 370 value is
not one contained in
(http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2012/ENU/ObjectARX%20Reference/index.html?frmname=topic&frmfile=AcDbLayerTableRecord__lineWeight@const.html).

Looking at a file generated with AutoCAD engine, I see that it uses code
43. Now I'm not a dxf expert at all, so I don't know if it has to do
with different dxf versions or if we should simply change the 370 for 43
in the dxf writer? Shall I provide a patch?

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler