[gdal-dev] dxf linewidth

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Jan 29 03:28:15 PST 2013

Hi Marco,

On Tue, 29. Jan 2013 at 10:48:11 +0100, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> I have a question regarding writing the linewith from ogr feature style
> in the dxf driver.
> In ogrdxfwriterlayer.cpp, linewith is written using code 370. This seems
> to work if I open the dxf file with inkscape. However, if I open it with
> TrueView (AutoCAD engine), code 370 has no effect on line width.
> Furthermore, the application refuses to open a file if the 370 value is
> not one contained in
> (http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2012/ENU/ObjectARX%20Reference/index.html?frmname=topic&frmfile=AcDbLayerTableRecord__lineWeight@const.html).
>
> Looking at a file generated with AutoCAD engine, I see that it uses code
> 43. Now I'm not a dxf expert at all, so I don't know if it has to do
> with different dxf versions or if we should simply change the 370 for 43
> in the dxf writer? Shall I provide a patch?

43 is also what the DXF reference[1] suggests for the constant width of
LWPOLYLINEs.   It also suggests that the value of 43 is a double, so the
rounding shouldn't be necessary.

Jürgen

[1] http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/autocad_2012_pdf_dxf-reference_enu.pdf

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden