[gdal-dev] gdalwarp to XYZ grid

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Wed Jul 3 08:01:53 PDT 2013

Am 2013-07-03 16:53, schrieb Even Rouault:
> Le mercredi 03 juillet 2013 16:17:14, Frank Broniewski a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to warp a XYZ Grid to another CRS. My GDAL complains while
>> running:
>> gdalwarp -t_srs EPSG:3035 -of XYZ /tmp/tmpU7lQR2/in.xyz
>> /tmp/tmpU7lQR2/out.xyz
>>
>>> Output driver `XYZ' not recognised or does not support
>>> direct output file creation.
>
> Yes, XYZ format doesn't support random write access. You need to use an
> intermediary format such as GTiff or HFA for example
>
> gdalwarp -t_srs EPSG:3035  /tmp/tmpU7lQR2/in.xyz temp.tif
> gdal_translate  -of XYZ temp.tif /tmp/tmpU7lQR2/out.xyz

GTiff doesn't work well, because there are always distortions at the end
of the process from the reprojection back and forth process

Meanwhile, and I could hammer myself for that, I found the hint at the
mdenoise site stating that cs2cs could be used to reproject XYZ files:

cs2cs +init=epsg:4326 +to +init=epsg:3035 03_N49E006_dn_trl_xyz.xyz >
epsg3035.xyz

does the trick ...

Frank

--