[gdal-dev] Dissolve shapefile using GDAL/OGR

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jul 19 10:59:36 PDT 2013

Le vendredi 19 juillet 2013 17:23:24, Dan Strobridge a écrit :
> I'm getting the same ST_Union error as Benicio but I know I have Spatialite
> (v.3.0.1-2), SQLite (3.7.10-2), and Geos (3.3.8-1) from my OSGeo4W install
> on Win7.  I also tried using the GUnion function, which appears to have
> been replaced by ST_Union at 3.0.0.  In fact, none of the  spatial
> operator functions
> <http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-3.0.0-BETA/spatialite-sql-3.0.0.html#p14
> > ) appear to work.
>
> This is the first time I've tried implementing anything other than a format
> conversion or a simple select query using ogr.  Could anyone suggest an
> ogr2ogr command to me that would test whether it's a Spatialite/Geos
> installation problem or simply a bug?

Dan,

If http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal is up-to-date, the current
version of GDAL in OSGeo4W would be GDAL 1.9.X. The SQLite dialect is a new
function of GDAL 1.10 ...

A workaround is to translate your shapefile into a temporary spatialite DB, and
then do the conversion to GMT with the SQL query.

Best regards,

Even

--
Geospatial professional services