[gdal-dev] Call for discussion for "RFC 41 : Support for multiple geometry fields in OGR"

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 24 07:07:49 PDT 2013

Hi,

I can't comment about the technical issues. But from a user point of
view there is a need to have more than one geometry representation per
feature. There could be several generalizations attached to a feature,
or different states.

I would welcome such a feature in OGR.

I guess Swisstopo also has a specific use case in mind since they
sponsor the work. Do you know which?

Andreas