[gdal-dev] Accessing to GRIB bands

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 16:16:08 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Even Rouault
<even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:

> From gdal_translate man page:
>
>        -b band:
>            Select an input band band for output. Bands are numbered from 1.
> Multiple -b switches may be used to select a set of input bands to write to
> the output file, or
>            to reorder bands. Starting with GDAL 1.8.0, band can also be set to
> 'mask,1' (or just 'mask') to mean the mask band of the first band of the input
> dataset.

Hey Even

thanks for the reply.

I am well aware of the -b option, the problem here is that each raster
has not the same bands order.
Therefore, as I had to make some work on just one single band
representing the same variable in all of the datasets, I ended up to
write a script, iterate the datasets, then iterate the bands, read the
metadata, and when found the correct band ran the process on it.

thanks a lot in any case
cheers

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer