[gdal-dev] Raster file type compatibilty

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Mar 19 16:59:41 PDT 2013

Srinaath,
I've had good luck with ERDAS Imagine rasters ( designated HFA in GDAL)
with rasters up to 755 million cells.  I have created .img fuiles up to 6
billion cells, but ArcGIS ( version 10 at least ) has problems displaying
Erdas Imagine files that large.

Doug

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Srinaath Ravichandran <
sravichandran at rothwellgroup.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know the raster format that is most compatible for working
> with both Gdal and Esri libraries?
>
> Regards
> Srinaath Ravi
> Email:sravichandran at rothwellgroup.com

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.