[gdal-dev] Feature request: gauss and other interpolations in gdalwarp

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Mar 29 12:28:34 PDT 2013

Jan,

   I can't speak the development request, but you may be able to do some
sharpening using the <Kernel> object in a VRT.  I've used
<Coefs>-0.111 -0.111 -0.111 -0.111 2 -0.111 -0.111 -0.111 -0.111</Coefs>
to apply sharpening to satellite imagery.

     And a few years ago I found that using wavelet compression on
scanned topographic maps when downsampling  made the text more readable
(preserves edges more).  I used ECW back then, but I suspect JPEG2000
may do it as well...

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser