[gdal-dev] problem with gdal_translate

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Mon May 20 12:49:01 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Peng Fu <fupenghzau at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks! I fixed the problem.
> But it seems that the resultant geotiff image doesn't have coordinate
> information. Do you know how to keep the coordinate information?

that's probably because it doesn't have one... it is a lat/lon file right?
 did you add the -a_srs EPSG:4326 argument to gdal_translate?

Perhaps you mean there is no geotransform? Or perhaps the coordinate
information does not adhere to the CF Conventions [2], which gdal uses.

In any case calling gdalinfo on the subdataset will show which coordinate
information gdal gets from the netcdf file.

Send me the output of both gdalinfo and 'ncdump -h yourfile.nc'

[2]
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.6/cf-conventions.html