[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr libcurl error

David Reed david.reed.c at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 06:14:05 PST 2013

Hi, I am trying to get ogr2ogr working, but am getting the following error:

dyld: Library not loaded: libcurl.4.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ogr2ogr
  Reason: Incompatible library version: ogr2ogr requires version 8.0.0 or
later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 7.0.0

As I can tell, the latest curl is version 7
(link)<http://curl.haxx.se/download.html>,
why is this asking for version 8? I also tried to upgrade curl with brew
but couldn't symlink into /usr/local, because would cause conflicts with
the OS.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Dave