[gdal-dev] Force application of ntv2 grid

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Fri Nov 29 00:59:30 PST 2013

Hi gdal-devs,

I'm trying to shift shapefile data using a custom NTv2 grid file. The logical source and destination coordinate systems are the same (geographic coordinates EPSG:4167), I only want to shift the data.

The type of command I'm trying to run is:

ogr2ogr -f "Esri Shapefile" -a_srs "+proj=longlat +ellps=GRS80" -t_srs "+proj=longlat +ellps=GRS80 +nadgrids=custom_grid.gsb +wktext" dst_datasource_name src_datasource_name

but the output shapefile does not get transformed...

Is this because there is a short circuit in proj4 if the ellipsoids are the same?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Jeremy

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.