[gdal-dev] Call for discussion for "RFC 42: OGR Layer laundered field lookup"

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sun Oct 6 12:39:06 PDT 2013

Hi Tamas,

On Sun, 06. Oct 2013 at 20:05:18 +0200, Tamas Szekeres wrote:
>    Looks like a good proposal.
>    The only thing I'm uncertain about whether the driver should do something
>    different when calling OGRLayer::FindFieldIndex with bExactMatch = TRUE
>    than when calling OGRLayer::GetFieldIndex? I don't see the driver
>    implementation in the pull request which would probably make that thing
>    more trivial to understand.

The pull request only has an implementation for the OCI driver:
https://github.com/jef-n/gdal/commit/66723a4bb75c5aa1afd309420bc563e1a48b074b#diff-156f2c76948ed9a6134f385f35e83165R495

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)                                   IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden