[gdal-dev] Call for discussion for "RFC 42: OGR Layer laundered field lookup"

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 13:21:52 PDT 2013

Hi Jürgen,

The commit you're referring to, doesn't seem contain the handling of the
bExactMatch parameter at the driver. At the moment I consider this a bit
redundant if calling OGRLayer::FindFieldIndex with bExactMatch = TRUE does
the same as OGRLayer::GetFieldIndex. In this regard I'd be in favour of
using the same signature for both functions. In ogr2ogr we could then do
something like:

int iDstField = bExactFieldNameMatch?
poDstLayer->GetFieldIndex(poSrcFieldDefn->GetNameRef()) :
poDstLayer->FindFieldIndex(poSrcFieldDefn->GetNameRef());

Best regards,

Tamas